2009-11-29

Carbon Fixated » Blog Archive » Newtongate: the final nail in the coffin of Renaissance and Enlightenment ‘thinking’

If you own any shares in companies that produce reflecting telescopes, use differential and integral calculus, or rely on the laws of motion, I should start dumping them NOW. The conspiracy behind the calculus myth has been suddenly, brutally and quite deliciously exposed after volumes of Newton’s private correspondence were compiled and published.

When you read some of these letters, you realise just why Newton and his collaborators might have preferred to keep them confidential. This scandal could well be the biggest in Renaissance science. These alleged letters – supposedly exchanged by some of the most prominent scientists behind really hard math lessons – suggest:

Conspiracy, collusion in covering up the truth, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more.

But perhaps the most damaging revelations are those concerning the way these math nerd scientists may variously have manipulated or suppressed evidence to support their cause.

I read the post and I laugh... then I read the comments and I laugh, then I cry, then I laugh, then I cry, then I go numb... must be time for an evolutionary sweep through, breaking the technological armor that protects so much stupidity, so that intelligence becomes a positive survival trait again.

Posted via web from TweetingDonal's Temporary Insanities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a look at the comment policy. You can find it at . http://tweetingdonal.blogspot.com/p/comment-policy.html